Semi-solid foods are considered as mayonnaise.It is easily digestible by young children.Scientifically, babies have 30,000 taste buds and due to this reason, pediatricians always give advise to new parents,give all food separately to their child, because younger children takes time to feel the taste of a food
NOTE: Avoid salt and sugar before 1yrs
At this time you should be take patience and wait until your baby wouldn’t familiar with semi solid foods.As, breastmilk is full package of all nutrients which is helpful for kids development and health. If you are a breastfeed moms , should be continue with it and if not,so you can give formula milk to your kid but should before consult to your paediatrician.
NOTE: Before completed 1year of your child, You shouldn’t introduce milk of cow and buffalo, if you do so, your baby may face the digestible issues.
There are some semi-solid based recipes, which are very simple and easy to make while the recipes have great nutrients. You should give these foods, according to age and digestible behavior of the child. From some food help in weight gain, while some can solve various issues such as constipation, gastric issues and bowl movement in the children. I have shared ten semi-solid based recipies, which you have to introduce to your child. And these are;
Banana comes with potassium and magnesium, which helps in brain development.It is consider as weight gaining fruit.This is very first semi solid food, which we do acquaint to 6th month from onwards children
1 ripened banana
1tsp water/formula milk/breastmilk
• First of all, peel the ripened banana
• With the help of fork mashed it.
• To make good consistency mix water/formula milk/breast milk in it.
• Serve to your babies
Courtesy: Tasty kitchen bite
The colour of spinach itself introduce its properties that is rich in Vitamin A, iron and calcium .It has a great healing power, diminish the iron deficiency and improves eyes sight in your babies. Spinach puree can introduce aa early as from 8th month children, otherwise from 10th month onwards children too.
Fresh baby spinach one bowl
Olive oil 1 small spoon
• To blanched the baby spinach use vegetables steamer.
• After that separate or drain out its water from sieve.
• If you desire consistency thin add small portion of water.
• In a blender mashed the blanched baby spinach.
• Serve to your little one.
NOTE: If you haven’t vegetable steamer so,for that you can take steel /aluminium bowl and fill with baby spinach.Take a cooking pot and pour the water. Simmer the spinach for 10m.Remove the vessel from the cooking pot.After that mash the baby spinach and make puree in food processor.
Most of Indian moms has hardly knowledge about avocado. And some have perplexed it is a fruit but in reality avocado comes under in vegetables family. Avocado itself complete food/natural foods .It is rich in a monosaccride fat which is good and helps in weight gain among kids. It is one of the early semi solid food and should introduce from 6th month onwards.
Avocado 1 medium sized
Lime juice 1 small spoon
• Remove seed from avocado.
• With the help of spoon scoop out.
• In blender add avocado follow with 1 small spoon of lime juice in it.
• Blend it and Serve to your babies.
4.SWEET POTATO PUREE.
Sweet Potato is a complete package of rich proteins and dietary fiber. Often found other kinds of mineral and vitamins in it such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A and vitamin C. You can acquaint after 8th month onwards.
• Place raw sweet potatoes in boiler for 15m.
• After sometime peel the outer core of sweet potatoes.
• With help of fork mash the sweet potatoes.
• Add some drops of olive oil into the mixture.
• In a bowl, serve to your kids.
NOTE: Avoid yellow part of carrot because it may bitter.If possible use baby carrot.
Papaya has extremely greatest properties. It has precious antioxidants properties, has loaded from Vitamins A, B and minerals too. It helps in constipation and during diahorrea.
One cup diced papaya(fully ripened)
Formula milk/breastmilk/boiled water
• Mash the ripened papaya.
• Add Formula milk/breastmilk/boiled water according to desire consistency.
• Serve to your babies.
NOTE: Don’t place unripe papaya in refrigerator because it might stop ripening process in papaya. Choose orange red types of papaya in appearance.
Apple has great nutritional values because it contains two types of fibre these are Soluble fiber and insoluble fiber ,soluble fiber works as roughage while non soluble fiber helps in diminish the bowel movement in babies such as constipation and gastric issues. This can be acquaint from 8th month onwards.
One lavish red apple/golden apple
Boiled water/breastmilk/formula milk
• First peel the outer area of apple and dice into chunks.
• In a cooking pot pour water as per requirement add apple to simmer for 10m.
• When chunks has cooled drain it with the help of sieve.
• Mashed the cooked apple chunks in a blender.
• Add boiled water/breastmilk/Formula milk for desire consistency.
• Serve to your kids in a bowl.
NOTE: Early food should have dropping like consistency.
Pear is one of good source of non soluble in dietary fibre Vitamin C. It helps in constipation and can boost the immunity in babies. It can be acquaint from 6th month onwards.
One Ripened pear
Boiled water/formula milk/breastmilk.
• Mash the ripened pear
• To make dropping consistency add boiled water/formula milk/breastmilk with it.
• Serve to your babies.
NOTE: If you have raw pears, chopped into dice and cook it on steamer.
Broccoli has loaded with high nutritional values .It contains Vitamins A and K along with soluble dietary fibers.It should be acquaint late 10th month babies because small babies hard to digest it and can be causes gastric issues.
1cup of broccoli florets
• Remove the stalks and florets separately.
• Boil only broccoli florets in cooking pot.
• Mashed the florets in a blender with a spoon of olive oil.
• Serve to your kids.
NOTE: Choose tight florets broccoli, florets should pure green colours while stalk little light.
Carrot is rich in antioxidants as well as in vitamins and minerals which helps in yours baby’s growth and development. This puree should be introduce from 7th month onwards.
2 baby carrots
For consistency use boiled water/ formula milk /breastmilk
• Take baby carrots and put them into the steamer for 10m.
• After that ,in a blender put cooked carrots into it.
• Pour water/ breastmilk /Formula milk into the puree
• Then again blend it.
• Serve to your babies.
10.YELLOW LENTILS PUREE
Yellow lentils one of the easily digestible pulses .It contains Vitamins A and K ,loaded with high value of calcium and magnesium. This food can be acquaint 7th months onwards.
½cup of yellow lentils
• Wash the yellow lentils
• Take cooker pour 1½cup of water.
• Brings water boil then add yellow lentils into the cooker.
• Pour one spoon olive oil.
• Give 2 whistle
• on medium flame.
• Let be at room temperature.
• Take a bowl and mashed it with ladle.
• Serve to your babies
NOTE: YOU SHOULD INTRODUCE MERELY ONE FOOD AT A TIME AND STICK WITH FOR ONE WEEK.BABIES NEEDS TIME TO RECOGNIZE ALL FLAVOUR OF FOODS. AT EARLY 6 th MONTH OF YOUR LITTLE ONE PUREE SHOULD AS DROPPING LIKE CONSISTENCY. AFTER THAT YOU COULD INCREASES THE TEXTURE OF GIVING FOODS.ALL THE ABOVE PUREES HAS TESTED IN BABIES AND TODDLERS. IF YOU ARE FINDING SOME ISSUES WITH ABOVE FOODS , IMMEDIATELY CONSULT TO YOUR PEDIATRICIAN.
Being momma is a natural thing. We are enjoying each and every little moments
Thanks for reading