Boondi laddo made from chickpea flour/gram flour. In India commonly called it besan.
In India boondi laddo/sweet occasionally made in festive season,marriges and used as prasad in most of temples.
This is one of my favorite .From long time I wants to try this eagerly.
Last time when I had made it the laddos become hard but taste was yummy.
So, I have tried it again.
Here is the result of my practice instead of carefully understand the instructions.
So here is the recipe
Chickpea flour -250gm
Melted ghee/butter -2sp
Saffron water 1tsp
Perforated sieve(medium size)
• Take a bowl put chickpea flour
• Add melted ghee and mix with spoon
• Pour saffron water ,follow with normal water also into the flour.
• If you don’t want lumps in your flour so pour water in three section (100×3=300)
• The last section of 100ml add after 10m for setting the paste
• After that pour the rest water and leave it for 5m
• With the help of spoon if you will observe that your paste have water dropping consistency ,it means your paste is ready to making boondi.
• And if not so add little more water into it.
• Take a deep cooking pot pour ghee in it.
• When your ghee would hot ,so start the process of dropping the chickpea paste with the help of ladle ,spread it and drain through the perforated sieve/grater into the oil.
• When your boondi get crispy then transfer into the plate (use tissue paper over plate to soak the extra ghee from the boondi ).The whole process you would to apply till your paste isn’t finish.
• Now your boondi is ready
• If you wants your boondi should more thin so crush your boondi with large spoon / could be grind it on food processor.
Saffron water -1tsp
Lemon juice/citric acid -1sp
• Take a cooking pot ,add granulated sugar in it.
• Add saffron water, follow it with normal water
• Pour lemon juice (I add this because it helps in softening )
• When your syrup are getting to dissolve (before to make one string of syrup)
• Add your crunchy boondi( flam should be on medium ) into the sugar syrup pot.
• Stir the whole ingredients with the help of ladle for 2m.
• If your syrup get soaked boondi then switch off the flame.
• Leave it for 5m
• Then make round shaped ladoos.
• Your boondi laddos is ready to serve
Note: You can use ghee in your palm before making the shape of ladoos
Yummy ready to go in your tummy